Advising for Philosophy
The most important thing about advising for philosophy is that you want to see an acvisor to work out details of your progam. Make an advising appointment with a faculty member or through the philosophy office. We are here to help!
Each year, philosophy majors receive an "advising hold" on their Winter registration. To clear the hold, meet with a faculty advisior to be sure that things are on the right track, and complete the advising hold clearance form.
In addition, here are relevant documents:
The Philosophy Program
- Handout on the philosophy major
- General description of the program and degrees
- Catalog description of philosophy major, minor and courses
- Graduation with honors in philosophy
- Graduation Roadmaps
- Three-Year Upper-Division Course Schedule (revised 10/16)
- Expanded Upper-Division Course Descriptions (Spring '17)
- Informal Advising Checklist (2016/17) -- use checklist for your catalog year
- Informal Advising Checklist (2015/16)
- Informal Advising Checklist (2014/15)
- Advising Hold Clearance Form
- Independent Study/Internship Form
- Honors Project Cover Page
- Phil 516, Senior Project - Admission Permit
- Phil 516, Senior Project - Survey Form
- The American Philosophical Association sponsers conferences and puts out a lot of good information. See APA Resources for Undergraduates and APA Advice for undergraduates from underrepresented groups.
- Different options for presenting work and graduate study are listed in Student Announcements.